Thursday, October 20, 2011

"The Heart Of The Bay"

     Hayward CA, considered the heart of the bay as the cities motto states, I call it home. Ive lived in this area almost my whole life and it is a place that is dear to me not just for memories but also the fact of all the people i know and the history of the town. I played little league here, Christmas', rode my first bike in the park and learned how to swim all in Hayward and all by the help of people in the community. When i hear the motto "Heart of the bay" i honestly feel that because it has a special place in my heart and is dear to me
     I moved to Hayward at the tender young age of 4. When i began going t school i met life long friends that i still am touch with till this day. I've also grown to be strong person in my community with some of the work I have done as well as volunteer work I have been a part of. My upbringing in this neighborhood was vital to the person I am today, I had a chance to see both sides of tr spectrum wealthy as well as the poor or lower income group.
     I loved growing up in a neighborhood with everything around me. i live across the street from a community college as well as mall. It seemed like i couldn't live in a better place, everything you need in walking distance as well as having a nice swim club down the street was a plus during those hot summer days.
Being able to call Hayward home is something I take pride in it has a little for everyone even with its small space. For people who don't know of Hayward i would encourage them to visit and I'd be glad to show them what is called "the heart of the bay"

No comments:

Post a Comment